McCreary County, KY
MoonBow Falls is a property that really stands out, with what it offers and the many features it has. This location is only a 9min drive to Cumberland Falls State Park, which is known as “Niagara of the South”, as it has a 125′ wide waterfall that falls into a 60′ boulder-strewn gorge below.
“MoonBow Falls” offers 12 total tracts that vary from 3ac- 20ac, all with new survey completed to show exactly what you are getting. Only 4 of these tracts join the Indian Creek that runs along the backside of the property so get them while they last.
Hunters, here is your chance to own your own tract full of wildlife and with many different ways to use the land on top of the hunters paradise.
Utilities are not far down the road from these lots so if you wanted t0 build a home on it your welcome to do so as long as you follow the restrictions we have that is listed down below.
Top Five Things to Do:
1. View the epic Cumberland Falls.
2. Tour the Pinnacle Knob 1937 Fire Tower.
3. Hike Eagle Falls Trail.
4. Experience the Rainbow Mist Ride.
5. Gem Mine for fossils in season.
Cumberland Falls is a hiker’s paradise with 17 miles of hiking trails that wind through the park to scenic areas. The Moonbow Trail connects with many backpacking trails in the Daniel Boone National Forest. Pets are not permitted within the McCreary County side of Cumberland Falls State Resort Park as this area is within a dedicated Kentucky State Nature Preserve.
Cumberland Falls State Resort Park is the perfect destination to introduce the family to the thrill of horseback riding. The park offers guided trail rides that are easy enough for the first timer and still adventurous for the more experienced. Riders, age 6 and up will enjoy a 45-minute ride through an eastern Kentucky forest, beautiful in any season. The stables open weekends in May and are daily after Memorial Weekend until Labor Day. Also open on weekends during Sept. and Oct. Rides start on the hour from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cost is $20.00 per person. Personal horses are not permitted on the trails at Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, but there are several opportunities to do so in the surrounding area. There are many miles of trails and several horse camps in the nearby Daniel Boone National Forest and The Big South Fork National River and Recreation area.
The picnic area with tables, grills and playgrounds is ideal for family outings. A picnic shelter (without rest rooms) offers tables, grills, water, and electric; it may be reserved for rental up to one year in advance.
The solid hemlock beams and knotty pine paneling complement the massive stone fireplaces in historic DuPont Lodge. Fifty-one rooms offer beautiful views and full amenities including interior corridors. All rooms totally renovated in 2006. Relax on the beautiful, large observation deck overlooking the Cumberland River winding thru the hillside. It provides a spectacular spot for a wedding. Open year-round. Rooms are available by late afternoon. Check out by 11:00am, local time. Kentucky State Parks are now pet friendly. No more than two pets are allowed per room/cottage.
Take Cumberland Falls road “Hwy 90” till intersection of hwy 700, turn right onto hwy 700 and stay on 700 for roughly 2 miles and our property signs will be on both sides of hwy 700 with the lot numbers listed.
The following covenants and restrictions apply to the properties:
1. No swine, livestock, fowl or other like animals are permitted to be kept on any lot in commercial capacity. Personal homesteading and farming will limit the property owner to one (1) cow per acre, two (2) calves per acre, and one (1) horse per acre of fenced-in pasture.
2. Each lot shall be known and described as a residential lot and is restricted for residential use and shall not be used for any commercial purpose or other purpose.
3. Each lot is restricted to single-family residences.
4. 25-foot front set back line.
5. 25-foot side set back line.
6. All mobile homes and modular homes must be underpinned and covered to prevent sight of the footers.
7. Any live wells plumbed on the property must be retained in case of foreclosure.
8. No dumping of any sewage or waste materials is permitted on any lot.
9. All sanitary, sewage and plumbing facilities shall be conformity with the Kentucky State Health Department regulations and additions and amendments thereto.
10. No inoperable, unroadworthy or junk vehicles permitted on the premises.
11. No commercial vehicles shall be stored on the premises unless they are stored inside garages.
12. All burned or damaged property must be removed within sixty (60) days of the date on which the fire or other damage occurred.
13. No noxious or offensive conditions or nuisances shall be permitted on any lot.
14. Single family home permitted on five (5) acres.
15. No more than ten (10%) percent of total trees on any lot may be cut down in order to build or gain access. Trees rotting or leaning may be cut for safety purposes.
16. Open fields must be maintained and not become overgrown, i.e.not taller than 24 inches, unless being used as hay.
17. No vehicles are to be parked on the street overnight.
18. Tents, and/or similar temporary structures are permitted for seasonal, short-term camping only.
19. All lots are to be kept in a neat, clean and well-maintained manner; free of clutter, trash and debris.
20. All property owners must share equally in the expense of maintaining the roads and keeping them in functioning order and clear of debris.
21. Electrical in-house services may only be connected as determined by the utility provider.
22. If mailboxes are installed by any lot owner, the said homeowner shall first contact the U. S. Postal Service to determine where said box shall be located and the installation of said mailboxes shall be pursuant to all rules, regulations and directives of the U. S. Postal Service.
23. Each and every lot owner has the right to protest, and if necessary, is legally empowered to enforce any violation of all restrictions; provided, however, that if any front or side set back line shown on the plat is inadvertently violated, the developer may, in his discretion, waive such violation without the necessity of obtaining the approval of all lot owners in said subdivision. In the event of death, incompetence, or inability of developer to waive same, the said violation may be waived by the lot owners whose property fronts on the same street and whose side lines adjoin the property in question.
|Tract||Acres||Price||Description||Features||Water / Electric||Payment Options|
|This tract offers 20.20ac with a new survey that gives you plenty of room to homestead or hunt on, also this property joins Indian Creek.||Stream||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $1139/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $1253/mo
|2||3.98||$39,900||This is an interior tract with many different usage options available.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $350/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $385/mo
|4||10.16||$69,900||This tract offers 10.16ac, perfect for many different uses. Also, this property joins Indian Creek.||Stream||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $613/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $674/mo
|This tract offers 7.86ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $438/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $481/mo
|This tract offers 10.55ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $613/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $674/mo
|10||5.39||$39,900||This tract offers 5.39ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $350/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $385/mo
|12||18.31||$89,900||This tract offers 18.31ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||30yrs @9.99% : $788/mo
20yrs @9.99% : $867/mo
|This tract offers 12ac to allow you many different uses, also this property joins Indian Creek.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||
|This tract offers 11.67ac, perfect for many different uses. Also, this property joins Indian Creek.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||
|This tract offers 8.84ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||
|This tract offers 5.87ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||
|This tract offers 7.80ac, perfect for many different uses, whether get-away, hunting tract or off-grid.||Electric @ main Entrance/water not on site||